PHENIX TECHNOLOGY, INC. IS THE RECIPIENT OF THE 2021 SMALL BUSINESS EAGLE AWARD.
RIVERSIDE, CA. — Phenix Technology, Inc., a nearly 50-year-old Riverside-based firefighting equipment manufacturer was announced as the winner of the highly coveted 2021 Small Business Eagle Award.
Today is Phenix Technology, Inc.'s 48th year in business. In September of 1972, Phenix Technology, Inc. was founded by two young fire captains, Ronny Coleman and Ray Russell, who met through a mutual love for collecting antique fire helmets. Learn more about our journey to becoming one of the most recognized fire helmet manufacturers in the world!
The Great Fire of 1910 (also commonly referred to as the Big Blowup) was a wildfire in the western United States that burned three million acres in North Idaho and Western Montana, with extensions into Eastern Washington and Southeast British Columbia, in the summer of 1910. The fire burned over two days on the weekend of August 20–21,
Today in 1937, the fourth deadliest wildfire in the nation's history, the Blackwater Creek fire was started by a lightning strike in the pine-filled Shoshone National Forest. The fire smoldered and crept through the ground fuels for two days before it was spotted by the owners of a local hunting camp. Initially, the smoke was rising vertically from the area of Blackwater Creek, however as the rangers and CCC enrollees neared the fire the smoke and flame grew in intensity.
Today in 1975, one of the biggest oil refineries in the country - Gulf Oil Co. in Philadelphia - ignited in a fiery explosion. Hydrocarbon vapors escaped from a tank and accumulated near the boiler house causing it to explode.
We have been monitoring the current COVID-19 situation for the last few weeks and we wanted to take a moment to share some internal actions and short term policy changes we are making in an effort to be strong corporate and community citizens.
Our immediate actions include:
- Suspension of all business related travel through at least May 2020
- Requiring any staff experiencing symptoms of the common cold, flu, or intestinal issues to stay home
- Incorporating aggressive sanitizing procedures and encouraging enhanced hygiene for all
- Suspended outside visitors for tours and non-business critical meetings (Effective March 16, 2020)
- Social distancing in office meetings
- Providing a safe place in the office for older children of Phenix family members who are displaced by school closures
Additionally, we have worked with our IT partners to prepare a business continuity plan in the event it is necessary. This includes work from home capabilities for our staff such as:
- An effective number of mobile phones with call forwarding capability
- Remote access capabilities for all business critical and customer experience staff
- Communicating with all suppliers to identify potential issues with supply chain including placing supplemental orders for supplies that we feel are threatened
At this time, we do not anticipate any interruptions to our production capabilities but recognize this is a rapidly changing situation and will do our best to keep customers informed.
The exclusive helmet features a unique Charleston 9 logo on the rear brim that was created in memory the 9 Charleston firefighters that were lost on June 18, 2007, in the Sofa Super Store Fire.
WASHINGTON D.C., May 21, 2018 - U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross presented Phenix Technology, Inc. with the President’s “E” Award for Exports at a ceremony in Washin